Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sleeping in her own room


At 5am Thursday morning I decided it was time for Shaylin to move to her own room. She woke up that morning at 4:45 wide awake & fought me to go back to sleep. I needed to just leave her alone & let her cry it out but it's so hard to do that when she's doing the crying in our room & I'm trying to make sure Jeremy is getting enough sleep. He is the one making the money afterall.


All day I was fine with the decision. I knew it needed to be done & would be best for all of us. Even when I laid her in her crib I was ok. But going to bed was hard. She wasn't there where I could easily check on her. So there were a couple tears.


She ended up sleeping 8 1/2 hours that night, never waking once. And then last night she slept 10 hours. She only woke up this morning because I had to get her up so I could leave for my run.


I'm so happy that this transition has gone so smoothly. I was hesitant because I thought if she's going to wake at night it's easier if she's 5 feet from me. But now it looks like all she needed was her own room!s

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it went well! I'm learning that the decision to "let her grow up" is much harder than I anticipated it being! I'm sure it will only get harder!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete