Sunday, June 13, 2010

Marathon Training

Training for my marathon begins this week. The schedule is pretty simple. I run every Monday & Wednesday, anywhere from 3 to 7 miles depending on what is scheduled, & then Saturdays are my long runs. So for this week I'll run 6 miles on Monday, 5 miles on Wednesday, & then 10 miles on Saturday.

Tuesdays & Thursdays are cross-training days. I do things like squats, lunges, ab workouts, & use my 5 lb. weights. Nothing to "bulk up". Just trying to stay toned. I'd like to have abs again, too.

I've been losing baby weight & have only 4 pounds to get to my pre-pregnant weight. I'll be happy to have the weight off but mostly I'd just like to fit into my clothes again. Most things fit but are still snug.

So back to running . . .

My original goal was to run the marathon at a 10 min. pace. I'm not so sure this is possible by now so I'm just hoping to stay under a 12 min. pace now. This weekend I ran 9 miles & held my pace really well & ended with a 11:56 average. So I'm hopful that in 16 weeks this will improve a little.

But more than anything what's most important is finishing the race.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed! I never ever want to run a marathon, but I'm in awe of those who do! :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete