Monday, June 21, 2010

Couponing


I went to Walmart today armed with a whole lot of coupons. Walmart isn't as friendly with couponers as other stores. They're coupon policy is confusing & most of the cashiers don't know it anyway. If they don't know what to do with a coupon they just claim they don't take it. I had that happen today.


A few weeks ago I signed up on kraftfirsttaste.com to get coupons for new Kraft products. They finally came last week & I was so excited to use them. They allowed me to get some items for free, like the deli meat I always get. But it also allowed me to try items I've never bought.


When the cashier finished scanning my items, it totaled just over $81. But after using my coupons (which took a long time!) my total was $60.13! That was $21 in coupons!


Here's my loot:

Gallon of milk, 10-pack of gatorade, pint of buttermilk, 2 100-calorie snack packs (b1g1 free), shampoo & conditioner, parsley flakes, spaghetti, crushed tomatoes, 1 lb. ground beef, shaving cream, 2 packs of hot dogs, hot dog buns, Ritz Crackerfuls (free!), Kraft Homestyle mac 'n cheese (free!), small DiGiorno pizza (free!), toothpaste, 3 squash, Kool-aid Fun Fizz (free!), hand soap, toilet paper, p.j.'s for Shaylin (because she's a growing girl!), canteloupe, Duncan Heinz Warm Delights, Oscar Meyer deli meat (free!), 2 boxes of Suddenly Salad, Sunday's newspaper (for the comics & more coupons!) *not pictured: 24 pack Ozarka water bottles (because they were too heavy)

So I'm pretty proud of myself. I was trying to keep my grocery bill low this week since we're eating out a coupon times.

No comments:

Post a Comment