Wednesday, June 23, 2010

5 months old


Shaylin is 5 months old today. Here's some of the things she does now:


- She holds her head up really well when on her tummy.

- She's sleeping in her room & can sleep as much as 10 hours at a time.

- She can do kissy sounds.

- She's still on breastmilk alone. I'm sure within the next month we'll try some rice cereal but currently the plan is to hold out till she's 6 months old.

- Naptime is going much better now. She doesn't fight me as hard & will often nap for at least 2 hours.

- She's still working on hand-eye cordination. She tries to get things to her mouth but doesn't quite get it there sometimes.

- She's a very serious baby. She can laugh but it's very hard to get her to laugh.

- She likes watching tv. This isn't something I'm necessarily proud of.

- She wears 3-6 months in all her clothes now.


Some days I'm overwhelmed by how much I love this little girl. She's so precious to me & such a gift.

1 comment:

  1. Observing and documenting the exciting milestones is one of the funnest things about being a mom. I just love cheering my boys' on in their new achievements. I really enjoyed reading about sweet little Shaylin's accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete