Thursday, July 29, 2010

Running Update

I'm still training for my marathon, which is on October 2. Almost 2 months away! I can't believe how close it is!

The past couple long runs haven't gone as I had hoped. The 14-miler was fine. Had to walk a little bit at the end of it which slowed by pace but I finished. The 16-miler had me really defeated. It was an extremely hot & humid day despite starting at 8am. After 3 miles I realized I had taken a wrong turn & I just couldn't recover mentally from it. The sun had also sucked out all my energy. I turned back, walking & jogging it, & got a little over 5 miles total. So the other 10+ miles was later done on the treadmill. It's not easy doing that long of a distance on the treadmill.

Last Saturday I had to do 18. The weather was much nicer. There was even a nice breeze. But after mile 10 I started struggling. Finally around mile 15 Jeremy called his dad to come pick us up. So close!

This Saturday I have to do 20 miles. 20! That's only a 10k short of a marathon! Crazy!

Weather.com is predicting a high of 103 on Saturday so we'll have to try to start early. Not easy with a 6-month old.

I'm so thankful to have Jeremy with me on my runs. He gives me water, gatorade, & energy beans when I need them & encourages me to keep going. He'll bike the marathon, meeting me at mile markers, & will probably update the world of Facebook on my progress. He's been a great support!

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading about your running. When you talk about the difficulty of training in the unbearably hot and humid weather, I just wish I could package up some of our lovely 60-80 degree days and send them to you!

    ReplyDelete