Thursday, September 16, 2010

Soup Season

I'm ready for fall. But in Texas fall doesn't really start to settle in till after Halloween. I like soup but I'm not willing to wait that long for it. So I decided to start making soup once a week to coerce fall to arrive.

Last week I made that pizza soup that I made before. I think I'll take a break from it for a while. I used less pasta this time but the leftovers were really greasy, probably from the Italian sausage. So I ended up throwing out a lot of it, something I really hate to do.

This week I made taco soup. I like this one a lot. It's really easy to throw together & it makes A LOT. So much that I decided to try my hand at freezing some of the leftovers for some time in the future. I guess we'll see how that turns out when I decide to use it.

Next week I want to make buffalo wing soup. I've been craving good hot wings in a bad way. No, I'm not pregnant. I just crave things on occasion. Jeremy has already promised me Wingstop this weekend. And I'm planning to make a buffalo chicken pizza tomorrow night. See, major craving!

If you have a good beef stew recipe, I'd love to have it. Stew is close enough to soup. But every time I've made it, it's always seemed to be missing something.

I'm gonna keep on looking for more soups to try & post the ones I really like.

1 comment:

  1. If you pan fry the Italian sausage and drain it before putting it in your soup it can really help with the greasiness. Also, this isn't a stew recipe, exactly, but it's one that I like a lot: http://christinahomemaker.blogspot.com/2008/11/hearty-stew-meat-barely-soup.html Do you have a copy of the Joy of Cooking? You could check in there for an actual stew recipe; they often have terrific basic recipes.

    ReplyDelete